Thursday, June 9, 2011

Guest Blogger Thursday: Synchronicity by Tracee Dolan








One of the most difficult practices for me, as a yoga teacher is to  
'go with the flow of  life'. I find myself, at times clinging to a set  
of expectations of how I think things should/would play out- and at  
times, possibly hindering what great options could possibly be ( that  
I haven't even considered). In yoga we call this attachment, and it is  
everywhere! We attach to expected outcomes, I even attach to where I  
place my yoga mat down when I practice!

A fun exercise for your brain would be to detach from expectation,  
practice going with the flow & observe where any signs of  
synchronicity may occur.

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events, that are  
apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance,  
that are observed to occur together in a meaningful manner.

It's those little things that add up- and you think: is this a  
coincidence?

Carl Jung was one of the first people to coin the concept of  
synchronicity. It is something that I am absolutely in love with!  
Synchronicity is what I like to think of as little hints or ever  
better- a little nudge from the universe that let's you know you're on  
the right track. When you detach to expectation and open your eyes to  
the presence of synchronicity in your everyday- you need not dwell or  
brood over seemingly unanswerable questions. You need only to consult  
with yourself and the cues all around you to ascertain that you are  
doing what is right for your: everyday, love, career & family life.

Enjoy these early summer days! The universe wants you to!

tracee teaches yoga is available for private & group instruction.  
Please contact traceeteachesyoga@gmail. com with any questions or  
scheduling information.

1 comment:

  1. great album too! And is it synchronicity that Sting is such an avid Yogi? I like the idea of synchronicity better than serendipity as it calls on our own awareness of natural occurences rather than mere fate or luck.

    ReplyDelete