Thursday, April 14, 2011

spring clean your bod!

photocred: breathingtimeyoga.com

We are officially into April- so let's all soften up our jawline, decide to smile & put a stop to the collective weather complaints that have been so omnipresent of late.

(It takes more facial muscles to frown than to smile. Frowns literally exhaust your face!)

I like to think of my yoga practice of spring cleaning my body, all year long. I breathe in, I breathe out. I pull my belly into my spine & at the bottom of each exhale, I make it impossible for stale air to linger as I exhale EVERYTHING out.

The more we let out- the more room we allow for good.

I feel the same way about a sun salutation. It's like pressing reset on my body, my heart & my mind.

There are plenty of other things you can do to spring clean your body.  You can yoga, cleanse/detox, run, sweat, hydrate, rest, get a massage, loofah yourself into a new spring mode.

If you'd like to get on your mat and try one of my classes for yourself- I currently teach in Branford, Ct at Pure Studio: Thursday evenings @ 7pm, Friday mornings @ 9:15 and Sunday mornings @ 10:15
and in Guilford, Ct at Bodi-n-motion Tuesdays @ 9:15 and Thursdays @ 8:15

I am always available for private and small group private lessons as well :)

hope to see you on your yoga mat!

<3
Tracee

Tracee Dolan is available for group and private instruction. Please feel free to contact her at traceeteachesyoga@gmail.com with any questions or appointment concerns.




1 comment: