Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guest Blogger Thursday: Easy DIY Facial Scrub

I've heard and read plenty of times that I should be exfoliating at least once a week, but I almost never remember (or have the time!) to whip myself up an exfoliating facial mask. I need something more low-maintenance. I came up with a super simple scrub, where all of the ingredients are in your kitchen!

Easy Face Wash Scrub:

Supplies:
-Dry ingredients: choose from 1-3: almond meal, cornmeal, fine salt, fine sugar, ground coffee, ground rice, oats, or semolina.
-Your favorite face wash (mine is Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser).


Directions:
Use only a pinch of the dry ingredients you choose and mix them with your favorite face wash. Add as much water as you normally would when you wash your face and apply your scrub in gentle, circular, upward movements. Try not to pull your skin downward or rub in the same area for too long. It's best that you massage your face for two minutes. And, of course, avoid your eye area!

Tip: I keep a mixture of oats and cornmeal in a small container in my bathroom, so I can easily grab it and add it to my face wash, rather than having to pull my ingredients out of their cabinets every time.

xoxo, Sami

~Sami Jensen is the writer of the culture blog, Poor & Pretty. She also makes cupcake soaps and bath bombs, which can be purchased online at the Poor & Pretty Bath Sweets Shoppe.

No comments:

Post a Comment