Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beauty Tip Tuesday: Holiday Hair Tips





With holiday parties in full swing, I started to think about how I can "dress up" my hair from my usual (and boring) day to day style.  Lets be honest, we all love the chance to get decked out with glitz and super-glam details this time of year!!

I absolutely adore the style shown above and think I just might be able to master it myself.  I did a little research and here are a few tips for achieving this super chic twist!

1.) Start with day old hair- it has more texture and holds better
2.) Apply a volumizing spray to dry hair, then hit with the brow dryer for 2 or 3 minutes.  Tease hair from the roots.
3.) Pull hair back, twist and tuck.
4.) Secure with bobby pins and add a fabulous over sized bow or sparkling comb!  I love how this bow covers the bobby pins, so you don't need to worry about it being perfect!
5.) Allow the shorter pieces to softly fall around your face.

Another great idea:  Try a wiglet--they are available at most beauty supply stores!! What a fun way to change your look.  You can wear them to imitate bangs or to give yourself a bee-hive crown.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment