Thursday, December 9, 2010

Guest Blogger Thursday: Sami's Handmade Gift Picks

It's December, and that means hectic holiday shopping! Because I have a limited budget, but oodles of creativity, I've always been a fan of giving and receiving handmade gifts. Check your local craft stores and small businesses for a list of upcoming craft shows to support your local crafters, but if you can't make any craft shows, don't forget about all of the amazing things you can find on Etsy! I've put together a list of a few things that I find really neat:


1. Zebra/Turquoise Tea Set by Lovely Mud Pottery. I knew this was going to make the list as soon as I saw the pretty turquoise color (because it reminds me of the Jennie Fresa Beauty Library!). This handmade and hand-painted tea set is perfect for a tea lover, collector of pottery, or just a fun gift for a sassy friend!

2. Cupcake Soap by Poor & Pretty. Last weekend, I opened up my own Etsy shop, where I sell cupcake soaps! Yes, soaps in the form of cupcakes! The bottom "cake" part is solid soap, scented and colored, and the top "frosting" part is whipped, foaming bath butter, scented like buttercream frosting and topped with exfoliating jojoba beads. They're perfect for good little boys and girls (and big ones, too!)

3. 2011 Wall Calendar by MyZoetrope. I love Michelle's bright, colorful, and cheerful artwork, and this wall calendar will keep you cheerful all year long!

4. I Love Candycanes - Lost and Found Funky Chunky Button Bracelet by DDitta. This is such a neat idea! Each bracelet is different because "found" buttons are used. Talk about a one of a kind gift!

5. Lucienne Handwarmers by Rebekah Shaddy. These knitted handwarmers are sweet and elegant, with hand-knitted flowers on top. Rebekah has a variety of different handwarmers, headbands, and hats, so make sure you check them all out.

6. It's A Wonderful Life Necklace by Pink Shell Motel. This time of year, my dad always makes us watch "It's A Wonderful Life," and for good reason. It's such an uplifting and inspiring movie. This handstamped necklace, made with fresh water pearl, was a natural addition to my handmade gift list.

Happy Holidays, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment