Thursday, December 2, 2010

I have a confession....

Hi friends,
Well, I have a confession to make. And because I am a Holistic Nutrition Coach, I am going to be as transparent and vulnerable as possible, ok?

I have been overeating. 

Yes, that's right, I have lost my connection to my inner knowing and trust that usually allows me to stay steady and make the best choices most of the time. I have been eating portions that are too big - it is more food than my body needs, and it's been messing up my digestion and how I feel. I am actually sick with a cold, now, and I believe that my immunity is lowered because of the quantity of sugar and heavy foods that I've been consuming.

You know what? I have been feeling SO guilty about it because this is the stuff I TEACH my clients! How can I help others when I can't even follow my own advice? Imagine this scenario and see if you relate: You see and smell the food on the table, the crisp, golden turkey, the creamy mashed potatoes, the pumpkin pie with whipped cream, the egg nog, the wine.... and because it is the holidays, everyone is doing it and it feels so GOOD to partake. Food is comforting! We all know how it feels to slowly let that dark chocolate melt in your mouth, and how it feels like a "hug" from the inside, right? And we want lots of hugs from the inside when we aren't necessarily getting them from the outside.

So I've had this realization and am now recommitting to my healthier lifestyle choices which include smaller portions, eating 5 small meals/day, not drinking water at meals (to aid in digestion), taking my supplements, and exercising. And resting. And taking care of myself by getting a massage. And lighting a candle in the morning and meditating for 5 minutes.

I also truly believe that as a health coach, it is my own experiences which continue to give me the wisdom I need in order to help other women. And helping other women be healthy and conquer their stress and find their true essence inside, is one of the greatest joys of my life. Thanks for letting me share this today.  As your holiday "Gift of Health," I'd like to offer you all a free one-on-one nutrition session. Just email me at janescottashley@gmail.com with "Gift of Health" in the subject line. I look forward to helping you recommitment to YOUR health this year.

Peace & Veggies,
Jane


Jane Ashley, MA, CHHC, AADP, is a Holistic Nutrition Coach. She is also the Director of Consumer Communications for Eat Right America™. Her passion is to help people create balance in body, mind and spirit. She helps those who struggle with stress, lack of energy and excess weight take action to reach optimal health through good nutrition. She loves to cook, run, teach cooking classes and runs monthly women’s groups called “Feed Your Soul—for Women on the GO.” She also runs corporate wellness workshops and participates in public speaking events. Jane offers a personalized coaching program or group classes. Special rates apply for fans of Jennie Fresa :) Check out WellnessWithJane.com for more info!






1 comment:

  1. love love love the authentic honesty here Jane!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete