Friday, May 7, 2010

Feature Friday: by Lindsay Milan

Happy Friday to you, JF beauties!

Today, I'd like to share with you the lovely Miss Samantha Walters:

Samantha came in to the Beauty Library for her makeup trial not too long ago, and we had a great time together. She has a bright, enthusiastic spirit, and is such a sweetie! In fact, she was kind enough to send along the pictures you see here.

Samantha wanted to keep things looking nautural, but was up for some glimmer and glam, too! My kinda girl! To achieve that fresh, dewy glow, I swept the highlighting shimmer in our JF Minerals bronzer over her cheekbones and browbone.



Now my beauties, if you'd like to try this at home: Make sure you don't over overboard with the shimmer! I know it's tempting, but resist the urge.

Highlight just a few specific areas such as cheekbones, and browbones (that area right underneath your eyebrow) and you'll create that certain 'je ne sais quoi' glow about you, that will catch the attention of potential suitors from across the room!

Here's an insider tip: If I decide to put my hair up for a night on the town, I'll sometimes sweep a bit on the tips of my ears. It's subtle and unexpected - keep those boys guessing!

To finish up Sam's look, we added a bit of pink blush to the apples of her cheeks, and some "mauve-y pink" shimmer gloss (a color I mixed up for Sam using a few different colors of JF Minerals lip gloss). Isn't she gorgeous?

Sam, I am SO looking forward to working with you again in September for your big day! You'll be absolutely stunning!

xo,
Lindsay

P.S. For anyone looking for a last minute gift for mom, I suggest a gift certificate to the Beauty Library for our famous "Fassage" spa treatment! Not only does it make for a fun mother-daughter girls' day out, it's one full hour of ultimate bliss and relaxation. You'll leave with a natural, refreshed glow, and won't even need the extra shimmer!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post Linds!!! I especially like the insider tip!!! I'll have to try that one...
    xo

    ReplyDelete