Friday, September 10, 2010

Feature Friday by Nedelyn Perry 







For the Mother of the Bride a.k.a. M.O.B.

 Although, all eyes will be on your daughter on the Big Day you will also be getting plenty of attention so you'll want to look your absolute best!
Usually, a bride will come to see me for a hair trial and she brings  her mother along for advice. However, I've noticed a trend at the Beauty Library lately........Mother/Daughter trials.
I think it is a wonderful "beauty" bonding experience to have along with helping her choose the right dress!
On the wedding day you want your hair to look more formal and special than your everyday style.
For one M.O.B. I decided to go with a very classic style, the "French Twist".
I wanted to give it a little something extra so by using one of my favorite curling iron's the Infiniti by Conair I was able to create a soft, natural-looking curl which I sculpted into two medium size pin curls above the twist itself. Last but not least, I placed a sparkly accessory to add glamour for the special day.  I like the idea of wearing a simple comb or a bobby pin with pretty crystal beading like these found at www.etsy.com :
  

Remember mom's you are a very special part of this wonderful day too!
xo

1 comment:

  1. great post ned! i absolutely love the twist on mrs donahue yesterday! it was so modern and sophisticated. I'm glad this style is coming back!!

    ReplyDelete