Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's Happening Wednesday: The luck of the Irish!


Today, I have on my lucky shamrock socks, I'm listening to The Pogues, and I'm havin' me some Guinness (by that I mean taking a sip of my husbands) and I'm cooking up one of my favorite dishes, Corned Beef and Cabbage!

Here's our quick and super easy crock pot recipe that never disappoints:

12 new potatoes; quartered
4 carrots, sliced
4 lbs corned beef brisket ( Go to Fortes in Guilford-for the good stuff!)
3 bay leaves
8 black peppercorns
Water to cover
1 head of cabbage, wedged

1.) Place potatoes and carrots in the crockpot, add brisket, onion, bay leaves and peppercorns.

2.) Add enough water to cover.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-5.  Add cabbage half way through cooking.

Happy St. Patty's Day!!  Enjoy!

Ps. Speaking of lucky, enter our contest and one lucky reader will win a FREE FASSAGE Spa Treatment.  Stop by the Beauty Library this Saturday March 20th from 10-4 to enter your name or email your info (name and phone with POT O GOLD in the subject box) to jennie@jenniefresa.com.  Drawing will be held on Monday April 5th.

XO


2 comments:

  1. Just make sure you have a big enough crock pot, right Jen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. true! and I guess it's not really a quick recipe either. :-) whoops! x

    ReplyDelete