Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beauty Tip Tuesday: Rituals


I have a confession to make:  I rarely take showers.  That's right, I prefer a bath.  For me, taking a bath is a daily ritual that helps me to unwind after a day of work.  It's 10 minutes of alone time, time to clear my head and just be.  I always feel so good afterward.

Aside from the obvious relaxing benefits of a bath, the hot water helps with bloating and fluid retention by increasing the blood flow.  The steam from the hot water also helps you sweat and dilate capillaries near the surface of the skin.  This is what we call a healthy detox.  You can enhance these effects by adding a few drops of Epsom salts ( available at most drugstores) and/or rosemary essential oil to the running water.  Epsom salt--made of mineral magnesium sulfate-- relaxes muscles and is also a natural sedative for the nervous system!

Now, make yourself a cup of green tea and try it for yourself.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment