Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
It's Spring Cleaning time!! Wardrobe, check. Car, check. Windows and Floors, check. Now, get out that makeup bag and lets get to it!
Monday, March 29, 2010
We are all trying to be a little more "green"these days, right? I have been doing a lot of research on finding quality beauty products with out all of the harmful ingredients. For the next 10 weeks, I am going to share my top GREEN beauty picks.
Friday, March 26, 2010
As a "natural beauty" beauty expert it's always fun for me to show off my wilder side with makeup art.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Ok, I admit it. I have a few gray hairs. In fact, most women by the age 34 have seen of few of these silvery-white stands themselves. Personally, I find that going gray is very chic and flattering on many women.
Friday, March 19, 2010
The"Peek-A-Boo" is a great alternative to an up do or half up/half down style. This look works on hair that is chin length or longer and if your hair is layered it's even better!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Date night (or day) is right around the corner. Finding new and creative things to do with your partner can be tough. If you're as sick as dinner and movie as I am, try one of these spring date ideas from hotdateideas.com.
- Plan a trip to your local state park for some mountain biking, hiking, or rock climbing. Pack some snacks and a blanket and have a romantic picnic when you're done.
- With all the beautiful spring flowers starting to bloom, take a drive out to the country for a picnic, visit a botanical garden, or tour a local flower farm.
- Get dirty planting some flowers or fruits and veggies. (You'll have fun doing and and in a couple of weeks you'll actually get to enjoy the "fruits" of your labor.)
And as always, here are a few ideas of my own:
- If your guy is as crazy about sports as mine is, head to a baseball game. You get to enjoy the spring air and enjoy a hot dog and maybe even a beer.
- If you have a pet, grab the leash and take him/her (the dog not your lover :) to a dog park or a dog friendly beach.
- Visit a local pottery place and paint your own pottery. If you're in the New Haven area, one of my favorite places is Fired Up! in Branford. You can BYOB and paint some great pieces. It's super fun!!
So there you have it.......grab the dog leash or baseball glove and have a blast!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Today, I have on my lucky shamrock socks, I'm listening to The Pogues, and I'm havin' me some Guinness (by that I mean taking a sip of my husbands) and I'm cooking up one of my favorite dishes, Corned Beef and Cabbage!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Shopping for the right scent can be somewhat overwhelming. My suggestion is to take your time and don't try too many in one day.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Here we are in mid-march--it's not quite winter and it's not quite Spring. I think we can all agree though, that Spring is certainly on everyones mind!
Friday, March 12, 2010
I met Erin about a year ago at the Beauty Library for her hair trial and we immediately hit it off. She was so excited about her wedding and her excitment was infectious. She brought some pictures of hair styles that she liked and we got to work. She wanted an elegant updo with lots detail. She was thrilled with the hair trial and I was thrilled to be working with her.
On the day of the wedding, September 4th, 2009, Miss Jennie and I met Erin and her entire bridal party (there were 10 ladies total) at the Mystic Marriott in Groton, CT. Jennie got to work on the makeup and I immediately got busy working my hair magic. They were such a fun group to work with that it was hard to believe I did ten heads by the end of the day. Erin's photographer, Michelle Wade, was there to capture all the memorable moments.
Erin has kept in touch and I am happy to report that she and her husband are expecting their first child. I couldn't be happier for them!
Erin, you were such a pleasure to work with and an absolutely beautiful bride!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- Ask your mother-in-law for his favorite dessert from childhood and surprise him with it.
- Write love notes in soap or lipstick on all the mirrors on the house.
- Frost some cookies with flirty messages on them and slip them into his lunch.
- Welcome him home with a chalk message in the drive way.
And here are a few ideas of my own:
- Make a CD with your wedding song (or if you're not married, a song that reminds you of him). Put it in the CD player in his car and write a cute note to stick on the steering wheel telling him to push play.
- After a long day of work, run the bath, light some candles and be waiting in the tub when he gets home.
- Cut out some colored hearts and write love notes on them. Hide them around the house where you know he'll find them.
- Invite his friends over for the big game. Order pizza and get some beer........then get lost. He'll love you for giving him some "guy time".
I'd love to hear how you and your guy say those three little words without actually saying them. Please share!
Part of maintaining a long healthy relationship is coming up with creative ways to do the ordinary. So grab that old tube of lipstick and start writing on the bathroom mirror!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
You may or may not know, that my husband and I recently moved into our new home. It's a very exciting time for us and at moments, a little overwhelming. It's been difficult to concentrate on anything else because all I want to do it decorate, decorate, decorate!!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Have you ever wondered if the at-home teeth whitening systems really work?
Monday, March 8, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Feature Friday by Lindsay Milan
(photo credit: sean cunningham via harpersbazaar.com)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
2. Use strong color/pattern in areas that you tend to pass through or in areas that you don't spend a lot of time in. You walk by, get a good blast of color and keep moving. For adding color to the master bedroom, put it on the headboard wall thereby you aren't laying there staring at a red wall while trying to sleep. Nothing wrong with punctuating a neutral room with small bursts of color or pattern.
3. (This is one of my favorite tips) Provide individual work/private areas for each partner. Work spaces don't have to be entire rooms; could be desk areas in separate parts of the new home. Everyone needs space to work or just get away too, without having to share it or clean it up for someone else.
4. Create new "instant art collection" by reframing everything in the same frame and hanging gallery style. Remember, all art goes with all art. No rules here or correct way to proceed. I do find that most couples can agree on simple photography.
For more of Roderick's style tips, visit his website at roderickshade.com
So there you have it. Grab a can of paint, hit those tag sales and have a blast!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Miss Josie also makes custom undergarments and does bra-fittings! If you're like me and have been the wearing the wrong size bra forever, Josie can help!! For more information on Josie and her boutique, please visit her website: www.beneaththegown.com
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
I'm so sentimental with my perfume bottles. When they are brand new, I like to display them like little pieces of art on my chest. When they are empty I never want to part with them. But why?
Monday, March 1, 2010
Whether you're up all night painting the town red or burning the midnight oil, this treatment is a must have for perking up tired, stressed skin. Just apply Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret at night before you go to bed and you'll have a smoother, fresh-faced complexion by the time the sun comes up!